Ten Powerful Ways to Ensure the Law of Attraction Wonít Work for You
Some people want to prove that things just donít work no matter what they try.† And you might ask, why?† Well, the human mind wants to be right and seeks to prove it.† Iíve coached many individuals over the past 7 years to help them live more fulfilling lives.† During that time I have heard many reasons why people struggle with finding happiness and feeling complete.† IĎd like to share some of the reasons why the Law doesnít work and see if any of these might be holding you back. ††
1.† Focus on the negative Ė whatís going wrong in your life.† You can bet that when you focus on what isnít right, what isnít working and what really sucks, that you will get more of the same.† Why? Because what you focus on expands.† You canít say NO to something and expect it to go away because even when saying ďNOĒ you are focusing on it.
2. Maintain an ungrateful heart.† Complain about not having enough, not getting ahead, not being where you thought you should be and wishing you had more and that your life was different.† This is sure to keep you where you are because again, you are focusing on lack and limitation and what you donít have.†
3. Keep whining that it doesnít work for you.† Tell all your friends and everyone you talk to about how disappointed you are that things are not working out.†† Make sure you remind them that it works for everyone else but you!
4. Use your current reality to determine if it is working.† You know it doesnít work because you donít see results.† And because you canít see results, you assume that the current reality is the real story. You knowÖ the market sucks, houses arenít selling, the DOW is down again, prices are sky rocketing, there are not jobs.† Iím sure you can add more to this list.
5. Donít let go of limiting beliefs.† After all, youíve had them all your life, why should you let them go?† Theyíve worked in the past to hold you back and itís hard to let go of an old friend.†
6.† Believe in scarcity. You have proof.† Itís all around you.† People are poor.† People are starving in China .† If ďtheyĒ already have it, there isnít enough for me.† Thereís not enough to go around.††
7.† Try to make it happen.† Yes, keep trying to do it your way even if it doesnít work.† Eventually, maybe it will work.† Try to control the process, figure it out, second guess what to do and hope that if you try hard enough, youíll finally get it.
8.† Visualize without action.† Hold the vision, concentrate, imagine, make dream boards and sit back and hope it all works out.† Donít bother to take any action since you donít know what to do anyway.††
9.† Give it all away.† Say yes to everyone else but donít even think of saying ďyesĒ to you.† Make sure you discount yourself, make yourself wrong and beat yourself up.† And never ever accept a compliment or a helping hand because youíre not worth it.
10. Associate with negative people.† See who can complain the most about their situation.† Validate otherís negative beliefs by tuning in and elaborating on yours.† The more you join together the stronger it will be for both of you.
I can assure you that if you practice just even a few of these on a regular basis, you will definitely keep your good away.† Guaranteed!
Next time, Iíll share some very simple tips to get you back on track if you promise to commit and not give up.†
The Power of Feelings
I used to think I was in touch with my feelings but always frustrated when someone would ask me where in my body I felt it.† I could never say exactly where the feeling was coming from and I would usually respond that it was in my head- my thoughts.†
Recently I had an experience that got me in touch very deeply with my real feelings.† You see, I have a very positive attitude about life in general.† I always expect good things to happen and those who know me are amazed at the number of drawings, contests, etc that I win.† I feel lucky; things always seem to go well for me. And, when something negative does happen, it always seems to work out perfectly.† I feel so totally blessed and am so grateful for my life.††
There is an area I struggle with however†that recently must have been getting me down.† I wasn't cognitively aware that it was bothering me because I believe in the power of my positive thoughts and I have a strong belief system that says all is well, always.†
Well, unbeknownst to me, while I was thinking very positively about it, my subconscious was very much in touch with the doubt and worry.† And, it let me know.† Something happened that triggered a range of emotions I had never felt before. A lot of anger boiled to the surface causing me to go into a rage.† Fortunately I was alone as I was driving down the highway so I could shut the windows so no one could hear my unbecoming outbursts and expletives.† I was shocked at the venom that came forth.† I could actually feel it all over my body like a poison I needed to expunge.† And after about 3 minutes, I felt amazingly peaceful and relieved.† Nothing actually changed, but I felt better.
For about 6 weeks I had been having sweat spells (no, it wasnít menopause) where my hands and face would bead with sweat for no reason.† My friends were actually feeling the need for a sweater while I wanted to strip my clothes off.† Well, after this outburst, amazingly, I have not had any hot sweats since!†
Itís my belief that I had not been in touch with my true feelings about the situation but rather tried to cover it up†by acting and thinking positively while feeling worried and not even aware that my feelings and thoughts were not in sync.†
I believe this is an example of how our feelings and thoughts are not always aligned and why positive thinking alone does not work.
So, if you feel challenged about not having what you have been focusing on, I encourage you to get in touch with your true feelings.††Ask yourself† how you really feel about your situation.† What are you hiding from? What are you afraid to express?† Allow your feelings to bubble up, embrace them and allow them to†dissipate. Then and only then can you begin to reach for a better feeling that will be in alignment with what you really want.
As long as you are feeling differently than how you are thinking, your feelings will win out every time.†††††